A Delicious and Easy-to-Make Dish
Are you looking for a flavorful and easy-to-make chicken recipe that will impress your family and guests? Look no further than Chicken and Mushrooms recipe! This savory dish is packed with protein, vegetables, and delicious flavors that will leave everyone wanting more. In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make this delectable meal.
Ingredients for Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
To make Chef John’s Chicken and Mushrooms recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Instructions for Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Add the sliced onion to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
- Pour in the white wine and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add the Dijon mustard and stir to combine.
- Let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes, until it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the heavy cream and chopped parsley.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and spoon the mushroom sauce over them.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and Variations for Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- For a lighter version of this recipe, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- If you don’t have white wine on hand, you can substitute it with chicken broth.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free Dijon mustard and chicken broth.
- You can also add other vegetables to the recipe, such as bell peppers or zucchini, to make it even more nutritious.