A Delicious and Unique Recipe
If you’re a fan of pizza and wine, then you’ll love this unique recipe for homemade pizza in a glass of wine! This recipe is easy to make and combines the delicious flavors of pizza with the rich taste of wine, making it a perfect choice for a romantic evening or a fun night with friends.
In this article, we’ll go through step-by-step instructions on how to make homemade pizza in a glass of wine. We’ll cover everything from selecting the right ingredients to cooking the pizza to perfection.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make homemade pizza in a glass of wine:
- 1 pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 slices of pepperoni
- 1/4 cup red wine (Chianti or Cabernet Sauvignon works well)
Making pizza in glass of wine step-by-Step Instructions
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s start with the step-by-step instructions on how to make homemade pizza in a glass of wine:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Roll out the pizza dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter or a small bowl, cut out circles of dough that are slightly larger than the rim of your wine glasses.
- Place the circles of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto each circle of dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Add a few slices of pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the pepperoni.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- While the pizzas are baking, pour 1/4 cup of red wine into each wine glass.
- Once the pizzas are done, carefully remove them from the oven and place them onto a wire rack to cool for a few minutes.
- Place each pizza onto the rim of a wine glass so that the pizza is suspended over the wine.
- Enjoy your homemade pizza in a glass of wine!
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect homemade pizza in a glass of wine:
- Use a good quality pizza dough for the best results. If you have the time, try making your own pizza dough from scratch.
- Be careful not to over-top your pizzas, as this can cause them to become too heavy and fall off the rim of the wine glass.
- Use a dry red wine for this recipe, as it pairs well with the flavors of pizza.
- Experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination!